I'm not going to lie, I spent most of last week in a foul, ornery place. I slept alot and didn't do much around the house. I didn't get the door when somebody knocked, and I had the ringer turned off my phones for much of the week. Did I even shower? Possibly once or twice, but sadly, I honestly can't remember because I was too busy being an ogre. Sorry if you were around for that, by the way.
Perhaps word of my cantankerism began to spread because a friend left a sweet note with cookies on my doorstep last Saturday morning. Then today, I opened my mailbox to find an unsigned, yet very thoughtful note and giftcard. The note was typed so I racked my brain trying to think of who the kind person could be. I'm grateful to say that I couldn't even narrow the possibilities down to 30. I have so many good friends, neighbors, in-laws, cousins, and family members that it could be any of you.
What I'm getting at here is THANK YOU!!! That thanks also goes to those who've sent us cards or messages filled with heartwarming words. I am certainly not deserving of the praise some messages provided, but believe me, they kept me from capsizing into that big wave of depression. The encouraging letters make it really hard to drown myself in self-pity and loss, dang it. That was a sarchastic dang, but please know my gratitude is genuine.
I am a lucky girl. I cannot begin to describe what an amazing husband I have and I mean that with every inch of my soul. He does ALOT for me, for our children, and for others in his family. I am constantly in awe of how he finds the strength and courage to not only forge through the storm, but to carry so many while he marches. Steve is truly a great man. I love him dearly.
Again, I'm sincerely thankful for your understanding, your compassion, your charity, and mostly, I'm thankful for your love and friendship.
2 comments:
Love ya Angie!
Another clue I thought of... someone who spells "theatre" like "theater". What a special surprise for you. You truly are loved, ang.
Post a Comment