Sunday, April 3, 2011

Double Axel Roses

Sometimes I forget how much I miss hanging with my sister, Val. Last night, we went to our cousin's 40th b-day party at the ice rink. It ended up being one of those nights when you laugh so hard that later, you keep cracking up at the images you continue replaying in your mind.

We went to the party thinking we'd talk to Jimmy and catch up on lost time. Unfortunately, we don't get to see Jimmy alot. Anyway, the plan was to eat first, shoot the bull a little, and then go hit pucks at Jimmy while he tended goal. Val and I talked before the party started. Our conversation went something like this, "We won't skate. We'll chat and hang for awhile but we won't skate. We'll just watch Jimmy get plummetted for a few and then we'll go."

Next thing you know...






I'm fairly sure I looked like this...




Right before I looked like this...


If Val's trigger were a little faster on the shutter button, I could show you that I did the exact move as the pro skater in that white, sparkily number. I'm sure Val and I were wowing the spectators at the party with our one inch jumps and lightening speed spin rotations. Jimmy's son, Wyatt, skated down to us for a bit. Little Jr. highers just don't appreciate good talent these days. We tried to talk him into skating with us so we could start working on a couple's routine but he immediately went the other direction. I thought he'd change his mind when we yelled across the rink that we could win him a medal, but he picked up his skate-away pace??? I can only conclude that he didn't feel worthy to stand on the same podium as Val and I.

We did take a stab at the hockey thing. I couldn't make contact with the stick and Val's wasn't too great either so we instantly decided that hockey must be more for the agressive, outspoken type and figure skating is for the shy, sophiscated, and timid folk like us.


If you ever need a real good laugh, call my sister and have her take you for a night out...anywhere. Val can turn anything and everything into a comedyfest.


It was a good exchange for the damage and pain. This is, indeed, my knee one day after our olympic debut. One elbow and the other knee look similar but posting a photo of both knees together......well...let's just say they didn't look like knees and I didn't want my blog to get shutdown.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just reading about your ice skating adventure (especially the knees) has me laughing out loud. FUNNY!

Carrie said...

Oh how I wish you would have posted those knee-knocker pics! Thanks for the chuckle....and next time you decide to pull a Kristy Yamaguchi, be sure and invite me along, would ya?!

Emma said...

As long as you agree to play along hooksie, I'll be more than happy to invite you next time I go 'round the ice rink. I've seen your cheerleading and drill team mockery. It would provide me GREAT pleasure to see you do the same with figure skating!!!

Angie said...

Crap, that was me, Kristi, not Ej.

Btw, been meaning to tell ya that our little space like yours next to the fridge, looks even worse than our counter too!

Diana said...

You totally fit the shy, sophiscated, and timid figure skating profile, no wonder you were a natural. Angie... agressive and outspoken NEVER! Perhaps you should pick up hockey;) I know there's lots of hidden talent just waiting to be discovered. Ang, I love your zest for life. Great post!!

Jeni said...

Look at you- Kristi Yamaguchi Martinez. you are a super star!

Angie said...

Thanks for adding Martinez Jen, I love it!!!