Last July we decided to bell the cat and buy an expensive vacuum, namely, a Dyson. Everyone told us that this was the mother of all brushers. Now I have a secret to divulge - my husband loves a good vacuum so he was elated at our savings and finally our purchase of this non-spacesaving eyesore. He was so astonished by the amount of dust and crap it picked up that he vacuumed well into the night the day we bought it.
I don't have to tell you how broken he was when the Dyson stopped working two months ago. He cleaned, dehair-balled and what not to bring her back to life, but no avail. He took her to the vacuum shop in hopes of a good fixing, but was shot down. The repairman told him that Dyson is the vacuum he fixes the most and is now refusing any more. Steven manifested to him how we researched, scrimped, starved so we could get this vacuum and the gentleman said he understood and he himself didn't understand how it rated so good on paper. Steve phoned me at work to give me the bad news.
"I'm sorry," I said sympathetically.
"But what are we gonna do now? Is there a warranty and where is it?" he cried.
"Babes, I registered for the warranty, but I'm currently removing six layers of coffee stain on some not-so-pearly whites at the moment," I reply, "Can we talk about this later?"
He agrees and says with gloom, "Ok, I guess I'll just borrow Dad's vacuum while you take an eternity to find the warranty."
I know I should feel lucky that he likes a clean carpet so much, but his attachment to the Dyson gets more disturbing by the week. I once pulled the vacuum out of the closet and Brooks yelled at me, "No Mom, that's Daddy's and you can't play with it." So it had come to this, my son would grow up knowing the true man's duty. Believe it or not, I found the warranty on Monday which, by the way, does not match the criteria of "eternity" at all. Steve called the company and an agent walked him through the minor repair. He started his Dysie-baby up and you'd a thought they just signed him to the majors. "T" started eating that day and the vacuum had returned suction. Damn life is good, aint it?
8 comments:
Oh ang...I so spy on you (aleesha too!) but I had to comment...this post made me laugh so hard! Especially with your music! You are too funny! Thanks for the laugh.
I'm glad the BFF Dysie has been resurrected. She DOES look like a beaut what with the yellow color and all. I can see his attraction to her, and I haven't even seen her in action! I'm still laughing at picturing Stever vacuuming "well into the night".
I am lmao here!! Man to think all that wasted alone time with Dysie was all due to a minor repair. I am glad all is right at brown brick. So glad you didn't have to pay to get it repaired either. Here's to more perfect days with the Dyson.
I can relate to Steven's love of the Dyson, I love mine, too! There is nothing like perfect vacuum lines in the carpet.
Poor guy! Angie, you need to give the man some attention! Pronto!!
Angie you are hilarious! that is so funny! I am jealous of the dyson, even with a carpet cleaning man in the fam, I can't keep mine looking good. I also LOVED your post on Emma, she is a beauty queen, awesome softball player, and good, good girl to boot! and thanks for your comment on my blog, I, too, picture Lana smiling down when Emma and Phoebe play together...
I found you on Kim's blog and I'm a vacuum freak myself. When I bought my last vacuum the Hoover WindTunnel, I was so elated that it had the red and green light to show me when it was grabbing lots of dirt. I sat in one spot for minutes at a time. It took me all evening to vacuum the whole house. But the belt kept breaking, Larry said because I vacuumed too long. I love a good vacuum, but won't spend the money on them. I bought a used expensive one from the vacuum shop and it broke down and they wouldn't fix it either!
That cracked me up Angie! I have the same vacume. I didn't know that if something goes wrong, I am SOL. Thanks for giving me the heads up. That was a cute article.
Post a Comment