Monday, March 23, 2009

51 Weeks til Six Now

The glorious day came one week ago today - Brooksie finally turned five! He anxiously awaited turning five because that's Carlos Boozer's number and he's eager to start kindergarten in the fall. He's already asking how long until his next birthday :)
Tug's especially glad that Brooks turned five as well. With age comes maturity, and with maturity comes less torture. Luke slept over before we headed to Toad's Fun Zone. I love taking pictures of their sleepovers because they look so sweet and yet miserably uncomfortable at the same time.
Brooks also started swimming lessons this month. I wanted to get pictures of him in his new Mario Galaxy swim trunks because he was SOOOO excited when Val gave them to him. I couldn't get a good shot of them because he kept saying, "Mom, take one of me like this," as his body pretzeled the bar in such a manner that if he fell, his head would crack into two on the concrete. But I'm trying to loosen up. He started off to the park with MaryAnn and Keaton last week and I remembered that he didn't have sunscreen on his face. I was going to chase them down, but then I told myself that he'd be okay without sunscreen for an hour. It's hard not being uptight about things but I'm taking baby steps for my baby, because I know it's no picnic to constantly be stopped or chased around by glucose patrol. He asked me later if he could have some more cake and I hesitated, but then thought, "Who doesn't get to have as much cake on their birthday as they want?" So he ate and took the insulin like a soldier in the rough...again. It's your birthday Sweet Boy, and you're five, and you're the toughest little kid this side of the Rockies, and though I didn't see the battle we were going to have to fight, I would sooner die than ever give you back.

8 comments:

Becky A said...

Happy Birthday, Little Brooksie! He is so cute, Angie. LOVE the Boozer #5 Jersey. Boys are so funny that way, aren't they? Will set his AR goal to match D. Will's # 8. And the picture of the sleepover is adorable...

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Brooks! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Brooksie is a sweet boy. I'm wondering where all of the time went since their blessing day when we were trying to keep Brooksie from toppling over on Skyla or sucking on her face in order to get a decent picture of the two. I'd be okay if they stopped growing up right about now.

Jodi said...

Sooooo cute!!! Happy Birthday Brooks!!! You can eat all the Birthday cake you can fit into your stomach!!!!-And enjoy every minute of it!!!! Hope you had a great day!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Happy Birthday Brooks! Hope your day was special!
I saw him the other day with Stacy's Mom and Keaton riding their bikes....so cute!

Ashley said...

aww that is sweet. Happy birthday brooks!

Carrie said...

Oh, Brooksie. I'm still laughing about him contorting his body into a pretzel and wanting you to take a picture. I can't believe he's already 5! I remember going to see you in the hospital when you had him and I couldn't believe how much he looked like a lil' Stever.
Happy Happy B-day Brooksie!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I am late reading my blogs this week...Happy Belated B-day Brooks!! You are the man! (This is what Trace says...)