I've come across alot of hand instruments in my lifetime, but last night I had the privilege of meeting a new one - the ear curette. It's an interesting little tool that removes things, like BB's for instance, from auditory canals. You can even go to your local emergency room and watch the doctor use this device to extract an object from a small ear for a mere $75. I'm just glad Brooks provides us so many opportunities to grow and learn from parenthood. That must've been what he was thinking about when he jammed the red BB in his ear. I blame myself here. I made BB retraction look easy when I cleared one out of his nose with my dental nipper last week. Next time I'll remember that he'll keep trying something until he feels the consequence of intense pain from dangerous activities.
But all is well. The air pellet has been retrieved and Brooks can once again hear from two sides of his head. I just wish we didn't have to hit the ER every time we want to teach a valuable lesson.
4 comments:
oh ang...thank you so much for the post. I'm sorry you had to go to the emergency room for bb's...but this is still pretty dang funny. You have a gift for making EVERYTHING sound funny!
Well, obviously Brooks thinks you and Stever have nothing better to do than to make trips to the ER. Does he not realize there are cabinets to glaze and back-splashes to be grouted??
Nice work on removing the first BB, though- with your dexterity, I'm sure it was a cinch.
Here's to hopin' small round objects will stay far far away from any crevice of Brooksie's.
I'm laughing so hard Ang! Carrie's comment was cracking me up too.
I've missed you bloggin girl....get back on it!
A doctor once told me, "Don't put anything in your ear that is smaller than your elbow." Please relay this to Brooks. Fun times!!
Post a Comment