Now where to begin. I last wrote in July when I considered selling my beloved pretty-in-pink and asking McKay-Dee if we could permanently take up residence in a couple hospital rooms by the E.R. Sounded like a good idea to me - free diet coke and all you can eat rabbit-turd ice, 24 hours a day. But every good dream must end and Brooks has managed to reign in on his impulses to plug openings that don't need closing.
I'm willing to bet that my three devoted followers are on facebook, so you've probably seen what the Poll's have been up to. I guess I'll just highlight what I haven't mentioned on there. Christmas came and went, but a milestone was passed. Steve abandoned Christopher & Banks and moved over to the Buckle for my holiday clothing purchase. He claims to have sat outside the store and watched women enter and exit so he could pick out the best in this season's fashion (yes that was in Deb's voice.) I will miss the button sweaters about as much as I miss pulling sprinklers around the yard at brown brick.
I'm happy to announce some changes in myself as well. I've been born again and have found myself addicted to the Biggest Loser. My children are adjusting best they can. Emma is also absorbed with the show, but Brooksie just doesn't know what to do with himself when Mom's engaged to the television and the Broncos aren't playing. For the record, I LOVE Sam and Koli!!!
Speaking of Brooks, he'll be celebrating his 6th birthday next week and I'm celebrating only three more months of kindergarten. The boy wants to be with friends every waking and sleeping moment. If he doesn't have a pal at exactly 11:40, when he gets out of school, it's like roid-rage in the Barbie house - only Barbie ain't skinny and she sure as hell doesn't walk around with a smile plastered on her face.
Emma is getting ready to slap the softball around seriously again. She practiced here and there through most of the winter anyway, but the tournaments and league will be here before we know it. Her and I had the joyous opportunity to attend the maturation program yesterday. Steve suffered flu-like symptoms all day because of it. He ran my text usage up with rants of Daddy don't let your daughters grow up to be pretty and talk to boys. He's about 11 years too late since Emma came out of the womb all covered in gorgeous.
Basically, life is life as usual. Don't bother asking if I really wrote this at one in the morning. I always laugh when people ask me by email or on facebook if I was truly awake at that time. When I start going to bed before midnight, I'll be knitting Steve his own sweaters for Christmas.
10 comments:
girl--you never disappoint. Your blog always has me laughing, you have such a way with words!
I am proud to report that I was one of the three....just hoping to be able to read something new and entertaining from the master of words...but still finding "ear-mergency".
I loved the new post. Thanks for the update. Love you.
So happy to have your blog back up and running. You are an amazing writer. I always love seeing your light on late, sometimes I contemplate coming over:) You better get some knitting skills going on, from what I've seen Steven only wears the top of the line in sweaters. lol It'd take real talent to pull off something that could compare to the green machine. Love ya!!
Holy Hannah Montana. I never thought I'd see the day! Good to have you back.
First of all, I'm laughing hysterically about Steven gettin' the cold sweats and the shakes from the mere thought of the maturation program. His lil' gal is growing up quick! Mandy said Gav didn't even want either of them to come this year...seeing as how this was round 2. Oh the things I have to look forward to in about 8 years...heaven help me.
Emma is a MINI-ANG!!!!
You make me laugh. HARD! I love you and think you and your use of words should really be put into text one of these days.
Welcome back. I never gave up, I swear. You obviously have more than 3.
I just love all you girls!!!
Shae, totally LOLing about the green machine. The sweater vest now has an official name. And there's no way I could knit a pattern so complicated and hideous.
Oh dear I wasn't aware of the maturation class. Yikes! Poor Steven has had a lot to deal with this week. I have missed the blog as well. Good to see you back.
hi angie. no i didn't make it on the blog last week, but i do still check ya regularly. it's been too long...too long since you've posted and too long since we've hung out. tell your family all 'hi' from us.
Post a Comment