Seems like I live in a world of "should's" that rarely turn into "did's" lately. I haven't updated my blog because I feel like I should write about what I'm grateful for since we're close to Thanksgiving now. I also feel like I should write equally about the happy and sad things we're experiencing, but when I sit down to write, the sad stuff takes over and I decide that I should not write after all. Instead of writing, I'll go public with my lists of both:
What I'm Grateful For
Good, happy children
Mint Oreos
Sweet, funny husband
Giving, loving family members
Gill, Colorado (because I can still feel my Grandpa there)
Friends who help you plant tulips in the snow because you procrastinated
Cootman
Friends who pretend to like coffee
Broncos kickin' ass and takin' names game
Insulin pumps
Ikea pillows
Antibiotics
Pink Houses
Furnaces
Mrs. Quarnberg
Cooperstown & Coolhand (Brooks would be bored out of his mind without them)
Cousins
Football
Good boss
A garage
Diet drinks
What I'm not Grateful For
Reading the article about dog fighting in LHJ
That "an eye for an eye" is no longer an acceptable form of punishment
Mint oreos
Physical pain associated with grief
Watching the love of your life experience true loss, complete heartbreak, & physical pain associated with grief (and having nothing to console such)
Cramps
Diabetes
Fat
Jewelers commercials
Early mornings
Losing Tug
Cankers
Laundry
Raiders
Chargers
People who eat just before teeth cleanings
Idiots who park in the school drop off zone every damn day
6 comments:
I love this post. I am grateful for it!
Ang, I LOVE you. I don't blog anymore, nor do I read them, but I'm glad I decided to check on yours today. :)
I love pretending to like coffee...
I am thankful for the Broncos kickin' a little ass too. I have to say I about spit out my drink I had just taken when I saw the Chargers and Raiders on the not thankful list! love it!!
I also am not grateful for people who PARK in the school drop off zone in the mornings!! REALLY!!! I sometimes have yelled and now I hear Andruw yelling at the cars! ;) I will have to try Mint oreos.. they sound delicious. I enjoyed reading your list and have decided to make my own... thanks for the idea.
Tara, thanks for sharing the same anger issues with the drop off zone! Seriously laughed at Andruw yelling too. It is funny how our kids catch on. Now when we start pulling in closer to the k-2 bldg, Brooks asks, "Are there any idiots again today Mom?"
I just don't understand how people can be that selfish or that stupid to park right in the middle of the dropoff zone. I get serious road rage about it every morning!!!
I love YOU Beck!
Me/Luke is also grateful for Brooks! I love to see their relationship with each other. And I also LOATHE the jewelry commercials. I get a little nauseous anytime they come on. Good list! You crack me up.
Post a Comment