Monday, March 10, 2008

Two Travis' Tribute


T workin' the grill




"T" Buddies on Brooks' b-day













Most of you know that Steve & I have a Travis on each side of our families that have been affected by stage IV esphogeal cancer. My uncle Travis, a young 35 years of age and married to my maternal Aunt Karianne, is now in remission and received his last chemo & radiation dose 5 days ago. We saw Matchbox 20 that night in concert to celebrate and we had a blast! (yes, even Trav loved Rob) Trav B. still has to have surgery to remove the damaged areas so your prayers for him are still much appreciated. This is a picture of him & Kari with Brooks at Christmas. He was right in the middle of chemo treatments at this time and still had his goatee and gorgeous eyelashes. Brooks was very attached to Trav this day. It's unknown if it was because he knew Trav had the inside on Santa's arrival or because Brooksie prays for him every night. Thanks for your example of strength and faith Trav & Kari. We love you!

Steve's brother, T, is just beginning his chemo & radiation today. We are praying for his strength and recovery as well. Steven and T are as close as two brothers can be. When we found out we were having Brooks, I wanted his middle name to be Steven, but Steve immediately put the kabosh on that and insisted Brooks' middle name would be T. He wanted his first & only son to be named after his little brother and I did not have a problem with it knowing that T would be one of Brooks' best examples. Thanks for your prayers for T as well. We love you T & Mandy and know this will be T's toughest fight but also his biggest win!
The sooner this cancer stuff is overwith, the better, so we can go back to worrying about trivial things like what year it will be when Steve can beat T in raquetball just once, or what fad diet am I gonna attempt to lose this extra 8 pounds I'm carrying, OR what the crap Shanahan's going to do to change our sorry defense this upcoming season. These, my friends, are the only things we 30ish-year olds should have to worry about.

10 comments:

Carrie said...

You didn't let me down! I enjoyed reading the blog. I'm so honored to make the very first comment to your very first post! KC says it'll be but a month or two before I raise the white flag and start a blog myself. We'll see. I don't forsee it in the near future, but as you said- Never say never!!
Keep those witty insights coming, friend!

Anonymous said...

Angie this is cute but Why was my name not mentioned for being your favorite Aunt??? XOXO Connie

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT ang!!! You're a pro! Throw a swear word or two in for me. I'm a litte superficial on mine..

Lyndee said...

Oh Hermana, this is great you are doing this. I wish I would have known I just set up a myspace account. Love all the pictures. I can't wait to read more. I often wonder why we resist technology so much because we always give in.

Angie said...

Carrie, I'm honored that you were the first to post. C'mon already with your blog, why wait that long for the surrender? You're not Robert E. Lee for hell's sake.
Everybody's doin' it. Tell Kace I didn't sleep a wink last night because he said he would post and then left me hanging. Thanks to Con, Mand & mi Manita for your kind comments. I will link your "other" website off this blog sister.

Karianne said...

This is awesome, girl! You are going to have to give me some pointers on how to do this. Thanks for the thoughts on my Trav, you know he is the love of my life! 2 more days 'til Reno. I cannot wait! Yay, Robbie! Signed, RB. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, speaking of the Trav boys, I may be slow, but did we know the connectin between Trav B. and Brooke Kap? Trudi Keyes stopped by tonight and said Brooke was going to call us and tell us all about her relative who has beaten Stage IV esophageal cancer...the story started to sound really familiar...then she said "Beus" and, well, it came full circle. Crazy. And sorry if we discussed this and I was in la la land.

Angie said...

I didn't know about Brooke and to tell you the truth, I don't even know the gal but I'm sure she's real nice. Kari has never mentioned the connection to me, but then again, she just got off the bus from la la land so that's not saying a whole lot. Maybe she'll check in again and let us know. If not, we've got alot of miles to cover on Thursday so we'll talk about it then. Don't cry Rob, we'll be there shortly baby boy!!
RB, I'd be more than happy to help you set one of these up. It's easy. Too bad you can't bring your laptop from work, we could start it on the open road. I have a feeling I'm really gonna like Reno :o

Diana said...

Do you remember our little chat on the side of the road after preschool last week??? Way to follow through. Ironically we both took the plunge on the same day. Happy Blogging!!!

Lisa said...

i love the look of your blog...and your 'realness' on it. oh! and the song. i had this song on mine a few months back and hearing it on yours makes me jealous. your travis' continue to be in our prayers!