"No way," I say, and then I remember that this is Brooks we're talking about. Steve goes on to tell me that he went outside to find our son has removed one training wheel from his bike and is working on the other. He tells his daddy that he doesn't need the extra wheels anymore because he's 4 now. Well I'll be danged if he wasn't right.
Of course, Emma's 9 now so she realizes this is a camera moment that mom will cry over if we don't have record of it and she grabs the video and still cameras. What happened to my babies? It's no surprise that Brooks was turning around and slicing corners by the time I returned from work. For a few days after he would yell, "Mommmmmm!" So I would open the door and ask him what he needed. He'd reply, "Does this bike I'm riding have training wheels?" I smile and answer "No Brooks, it doesn't, you're the best Bud!" The most thrilling thing about this is no serious accidents or new scar probabilities. Thank you E.J. for remembering the cameras and lending Brooks your helmet. Thank you Babes for not telling him he's too little and will crack his head open, like I would have. Lastly, thank you Brooks for being Brooks and always bypassing the average just because you believe you can.
10 comments:
Wow, Brooksie! And nice job Emma Jade for getting some photos of the event. He looks like a pro already...all in a days work for Brooks, right? The picture of Stever running along side Brooks is priceless.
your kids are amazing!
OMG he is VERY smart!!! Congrats!
That Brooksie is amazing. He is such a natural at sports and things. Good for him. Way to go Emma for taking some pics.
Oh he is a wonder child! What a sweet & awesome post!
thankyou carrie brooks is a sweet boy i love him
Love this post - you missed your true calling in life. I think you should of been a writer. You are so expressive. Way to go Emma on remembering the camera. Milestones like this have to be captured.
Wahoo Brooksie! And to Em's, you are an awesome big sis!!
One step closer to being a regulator.
Oh that is great! What a smart lil' fellow! Your kids are too cute Ang!
Post a Comment