I haven't totally cleared my kitchen since the big Twilight book club last night so I sit here at my computer and wonder if I should really be blogging instead of cleaning, but I always make the funner choice, so here I am...again. These are my Book Bums and we realize that we are a little late in the whole Vampire frenzy, but most of us weren't too sold on the whole bloodsucker thing. We all read the books separately and at different times but found that we loved them, so naturally, we clubbed about them. CAMP JACOB
Leslie and Amanda showing their allegiances with werewolf necklaces. You can see that Les hates to be cold, but she had other reasons for favoring Jacob, believe you me. They are genuinely two of the sweetest friends I have. I know I could turn to either of them for anything plus their literary insight is profoundly impressive. Les, your smile's just as beautiful with braces and thanks for the purse-sized Lysol, you know me too well. Amanda brought all of us key chains from her recent trip to Hawaii so thank you dear, they are sooo cute.
CAMP EDWARDBren, Lyn, Me, and Tug. See even Tug likes vampires. Bren is the ever-enduring reader of the group. She has completed two of the worst books chosen and lives to tell us about them since we'd rather drink arsenic than finish them, but also want to know the ending. Thanks Bren! I love your little inputs, your chicken tacos, and especially when you forward our emails to long forgotten friends.
And Of course, Lyn and I are both Cullenists as well. It's rare when we don't like something the same. She is truthfully the quintessential sister! She always shows up to my house 30 minutes early because she knows I will, no doubt, be running behind and need help with the salads, breads, last-minute cleaning, etcetera AND etcetera. I do not know what I would do without her in my life. She supports me in everything I do including taking crazy trips to Matchbox concerts when it's a horrible time for her, protesting the circus, driving the getaway car for dognapping, watching my children for marathon hours, and hundreds of other things that would take hours to write. She also made each of us dazzling Edward and Jacob bookmarks. I love you 3rd Sister! Yes, we have names from previously read books. I am 2nd Sister.
CAMP DIFFICULT
If these two weren't so damn funny, they'd be pains in the old rumpster. Sorry Carrie and Dani, but can't you just decide? How hard can it be already? They are the Wayward Jawards because they like Jacob and Edward. The fence behind them was made and hung by my very own husband. Steven was also very helpful in the vampire preparations. Thanks Babes! You are my real life Edward. I've had a few people ask about my connection to Hooksie (Carrie) since they know she's Mandy's sibling. Explanation: Carrie is indeed Mandy's sister. I hired her myself to work in our dental office approx 8 years ago. Carrie and I worked together for 6 years, went to New York together, Book Club together, and last but not least, laugh together. She is honestly one of the funniest friends I have. I'm still laughing about her baking pies comment to 5th Cousin last night. We have a tendency to feed off each other which begins to drive some people crazy when they're around us too long, but we do not care, cuz we think we're funny and thats all that matters. I'm convinced that the real reason our boss, Matt, insists on working one saturday a month is so we can work with Carrie. We keep her around mostly for the humor, but she is also a very compassionate and caring person. I might add that if I were ever asked what I'd want for my last meal, it would be a sheet of Carrie's peanut butter bars and a gallon of milk only.
And then there's 5th Cousin who is, in fact, my first cousin Danielle (born 5th in line.) She is a soldier since she is the only one who hadn't read the books and was intensely pressured to finish in 2 weeks with out-of-state inlaws staying with her, family reunions, new work position, and other important goings on. Thank you Prima. She is also very funny and is the mastermind behind Blankie night, blankie catwalk, our name, and my MB20 intervention thats never going to happen. I love you more than I let on 5th Cousin! You are so fun to give crap to and are a real treasure to our club. Nobody else could've remotely swayed me toward La Push except you.
So there we are, in a nutshell really. We are much more interesting and fascinating than anyone knows. Those are probably extreme adjectives for simple ladies like ourselves, but the bums and the twilight books are definitely two of my very favorite things!!!!!! St.George or bust girls :)
27 comments:
How fun!!! Book clubs are the best.
Your club is CRAZY! Yea! How fun it that! My office got me on the Twilight kick. I finished the 3rd one last week. I vote for Edward.
I would just like to say that I stand by by INdecision. I don't think Stephanie Meyer cares if I ulimately choose or not. I choose NOT to choose. How's that. Just ask KC- my not being able to make a decision is probably his biggest pet-peeve about me. What can I say...we all have to have at least ONE flaw... :)
Ang, that was the best book club ever. Well, except where we saw the originally blankie catwalk. We do have the best book club. Thank you for putting so much effort into it and making it a perfect Twilight experience. I can't wait for the next one to talk about Breaking Dawn. *sigh* I heart Edward!!
You're book club looks awesome Ang! Did you get your ideas from a website and if so can you give it me? Also would it be too much trouble to post close ups of the necklaces? I'm having a Breaking Dawn at midnight party and would like some ideas. Thanks girl.
Laura, I just emailed you the pics of the medallions, cupcakes, mini-swans,etc...I couldn't find anything on the internet except ideas for dressing up as characters. I realize there's nothing creative about scraping your teeth clean of plaque but every once in awhile, I'm able to pull out a smidgen from my imagination.
Carrie, you post such nice things about twilight book club night on your blog so I hope my words haven't ruined it for you. Lest I knew my manner would affect you so, I would've said it more delicately. I am used to your indecisiveness and it has never bothered me which is why I accomodated with the double medallion. However, I did feel like you & 5th Cuz were leaning in the way of Jacob, but I promise to not pin you down and make you choose matey.
Holy Cow, those are some serious emotions that book brought out in you guys. Imagine what would go down if you read a Rob Thomas biography or something. You would probably rent out the Grand America! Maybe I could come to your next book club...we could do it the first week in September....everything Broncos!
Ang, I didn't take offense to your comments...your manner didn't affect me at all! That's one reason I hate e-mail & such. Nobody can tell when I'm kidding. They can't hear my sarcastic tone. I was typing it jokingly. I like being "on the fence", other than it's slighly uncomfortable on the tushy. And I know you're accepting of me in any state I'm in, and for that I am eternally grateful.
Care, I never hear anything but your sarcastic tone - it's why I like you so much! Don't change a thing friend.
Kace, if there were a book about Rob, its the only book I'd pick each time it were my turn. Please do not doubt that we will get mostly Broncos talk in two months time. Me and my sis just bought tickets to Invesco for the season opener against San Diego you know. It's a commandment not to covet though.
Twilight, Schmilight! Just for the record, though, I am on Team Jacob. Edward gives me the creeps...and he's way too preppy! What is their relationship based on, anyways? He likes the way she smells? Is that really true love? and who wants some creepy cold dude staring at them all night long while they sleep? No thanks! That is SO not romantic. :)
p.s. why do you keep changing your layout? I thought it was new last time I was on here, and now it's new again! And this word verification today is killer!
Oh ang...How fun!!!! You guys are too cute!
Funny thing...I'm all for Team Edward...I want to be swept off my feet! :) ...but mine & Jason's relationship is totally the Bella/Jacob (which probably is the "healthier" of the 2)...so I do have a soft spot in my heart for Jacob. Aug. 2nd can't come quick enough! ;)
PS: Becky..you make me laugh.
Jen, I think Steve and I are more Jacob and Bella too but at the same time I knew I was going to marry Steven right after I met him and we were only friends so I do believe in fate, to a point.
Beck, I know I'm always having issues with my background because nothing is exactly what I want and it really bugs me!!!! I used to drive my fam nuts because everything had to match perfectly from the time I was 2 and this stupid blog is no different. I don't like when the posts don't match the background. Are you looking up a good psychiatrist for me now? do you know of a medication that can help? ----Edward and Bella's relationship is partly based upon their destiny which they are in charge of, I realize, but all scents aside, they are drawn to each other naturally. He also protects her like nobody else did before. She would be dead if it weren't for Edward and that in itself is reason to love somebody isn't it? And he teaches her morals, which I love! To learn is to love. Edward also has a need to take care of people and I do know people like that, including myself in some ways. I feel better about me when I've helped someone or when those close to me know that I will always have their back. I guess its a loyalty thing.
You see people, it's not good to get me started on these vampires! Aug 2nd, please get here already
I'm starting to wonder if I had picked the book back up and finished it that then I would be able to follow all this twilight stuff!
SO, I am going to change the topic back to FOOD! About that food group Ang!
Last night was fun!
We seriously were going to go for 20 min...how could we not stay with such great company! You are so funny Ang!
Now I'm feeling like my comment was rude! You knew I didn't like Twilight all that much...sorry if I offended. You do the best job of anyone explaining the relationship to me...I feel a little better about it now. No one else had a comeback like that when I brought up my issues...you are a true fan!!!! I like your background...and I did notice how it was color coded with the post...looks like you had a blast with your book club! this is a long comment, but I also have to say...food group will be awesome, and I, too, had a ton of fun with the company last night!!!
Beck, your comment wasn't rude at all! I'm never offended by the honesty of your own opinion. I'm glad you commented on something you don't care for. Sorry if my reasoning seemed preachy but it was so nice to find a book with limits and standards for once. I just wish they'd get married and get it overwith :)
I also had alot of fun last eve. There's nothing like a good night of laughing! Now we just add a little food and it will be perfect. I'll get workin' on it.
Speaking of working, my patients haven't been showing today which leaves me with precious guiltless blogging time. Do you think your dentist minds gals?
It's the marathon comments day, I just can't stop. Anyway, speaking of dentist, my boss just asked me what I was obcessed about on ebay now. I told him that I was just checking on patients for the office through blogs. He said if thats the case ask Ang B. how her tooth is? I told him she's probably long removed from her computer and busy making something that would send Rachel Ray off crying home to mommy, but to make me honest, how's your tooth Ang B?
One more thing about last night (thanks Diana), its been bothering me that I told you guys I was a go-getter last night. So much for humility being a virtue huh? What I meant was...I have the energy to start something fun as long as we were all serious about it and it involves food. Just felt the need to clear that up. I'm not a go-getter when it comes to laundry, dishes, painting, dieting, and an eternity of so forths.
Oh how I love the comment section...sometimes it is better than the real post! For sure in this case! I like the continued convos in the comment section. Like Becky said you have explained Twilight better than I have ever heard! At this point I am just going to go see the movie.
I am just back to see if I can get ya to 20 comments!
You tell Matt my favorite Dentist that my tooth is grand! I lost sleep over having to go get it checked and now...I am sleeping like a baby!
You tell him I am becoming a toothpaste, floss QUEEN B! I will be in for a clean here soon.
Can we just talk about Matt for a minute????
When I was getting my tooth fixed Malice was there helping him and I was so impressed how awesome he was to her. The way he spoke to her and how he kept complimenting her. He has to be one of the best Dad's around! He is genuine!
That Malice is growing up way too fast she is so so cute!
Tell him thanks for asking!
Poor Steve
I've got to give you 20, girl! You ARE a go-getter. At least you have an excuse to continue blogging all day long...I just keep abandoning my kids to check out your amazing comment section...and along with the food group, how about park city to get things started? you know, work out all the details and rules of the group? I'm ready to go!
Thanks for getting me to 20 girls. You are the best blogger friends ever!! I don't think I've ever hit 20 cuz I'm not as popular as you guys (but I made like 5 of my own comments so it really doesn't count).
Anyway,Matt kept bugging me about if you replied about your tooth Ang and then finally went home. I'll tell him on the morrow. Yes, we can talk about Matt for a minute. What you saw Ang is the real him. He adores his children and talks about them all day. People have no idea what a great person he is. He IS genuine and really is concerned about his patients and others. Sometimes I just want to shout out to patients that he really does have your best interest in mind. He doesn't care about how much profit he'll get, truly. We always joke that he is the brother I never had and it is true. I am so lucky to work for one of my best friends and his children and Cam are lucky to have him as well.
Beck, great idea on getting the ball rolling in Park City about food club. I didn't know how we were going to work out the kinks through blogging only. Once again, you guys give me the idea and I'll put it into action. Park city's not gonna know what hit 'em. Now I have something besides Breaking Dawn to look forward to.
Ang B, I understand your hesitance to just wait for the movie, but Edward will not be the same on film. If you'd like, I will watch your children at the park for you while you read. A commitment I'm willing to make for your enlightenment. I realize you will probably turn me down, but the offer's out there, from one blogger to another.
John(aka J Richardson), are you afraid to show your real name? What do you mean poor Steve? He's damn lucky to have me and you know it. Now make me some of those heavenly homemade brownies your so good at would ya?
btw, its 6:20 now and my excuse ran out 90 mins ago, schnykies.
Who is Ang B? Do I know her? Have I worked on her teeth?
This has to be the most comments ever on one blog.
This is Brandon.
Angie b I have the Twilight books on my I pod and it makes it almost bearable if you want to borrow it.
Ang..the offer at the Park sounds great!!!! But to be honest I would run off with Brandon's IPOD (Hijack Becky )and go to Target for a nice LONG stroll while you watched the kids. THEN I would come back after running home and read all your posts and comments and then "fake" that I had read the book!
Is your offer still there?
Brandon..can I still borrow your IPOD?
What can I say I'm honest...I 'm just sayin'......
Carrie...I don't know if you've worked on my teeth or not but you can only hope that you haven't. I cry like a baby in that chair...that's why I only come once every three years!
Ang..you need to go to my list of names and click on Jaime...she too is a huge fan and ya'll could exchange some serious love for Edward!
Carrie, I emailed you Ang B's REAL name. Her blog name is just a pen-she has a serious past that remains confidential even to me.
Brandon, you're so nice. Thanks for helping us out so Ang can "pseudo" hash this out with us. You must've liked them enough to buy them for your ipod. You don't have to pretend to not like them, or do you just use Edward's lines on Becky?
Ang, offers still open if you promise to listen to the audiobook while you wander Target, but you can't take Becky with you cuz she needs a co-conspirator in the anti-twilight world and I'm not about to stand by and watch her take you. If you need a tiny break whilst shopping, you are allowed to listen to Matchbox 20 or Rob Thomas solo work only. Sorry, my rules for keeping the B offspring from harms way. Who is Tiffany that comments on your blog? I noticed she mentioned park city and went to her blog. Lo and behold, she likes Matchbox too. The ski town's lookin funner all the time. I will check out Jaime's blog cuz my children will need no attention today whatsoever.
Beck, kept forgetting to say that it did bug me as well to have Edward sit and stare at Bella ALL night. Who could do that without pulling their hair out? and it was creepy too, but doesn't change my mind abt him. My book club agreed that S.M. should've had the vampires sleep.
I think we're on to brandon....you can't fool us brandon...we know a twilight fan when we see one!
FYI..I made jason read the series.
Man, Angie, it takes me like 4 1/2 hours just to scroll down to the bottom of all your comments...
Post a Comment