Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a Love/Hate Thang


Our laptop is officially defunct (waaaahhhhh!), so why I decided to go private this morning is beyond me. Our desktop computer is slower than a herd of turtles treading through a peanut butter track. I'm a glutton for personal anguish.
No matter, it's over and done. I will begin my search for a new laptop and move on with my private blog. There were some people on my facebook and email lists that didn't ask for an invite but got one anyway, so if you didn't really want one, don't tell me. I'd hate to shatter the illusion I hold that my life is eventful and worth reading about.
I also want to mention that I had fun last night with the blogger girls! I walked into the party thinking I was a fairly smart, well-rounded, confident woman. I left realizing I'm an under average gamer who dreams of protesting botox and acting like a grown-up one day. (insert chuckle here Jen!) Thanks Leesh, you know how to throw the perfect bash!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

hey angie. i hear you with the computer problems, sista. our computer has been down for a few weeks now. it happens to be working at the moment though so i thought i'd come & say hey. haven't seen y'all for quite some time. here's to hoping this bad air clears out soon. caroline has had a horrible cough for two months and we just found out today that she has asthma. i guess i'll hope for more snow! at the doctor's today caroline said 'would i rather have asthma or diabetes?'. i mentioned that that's what brooks has and she said 'that's what nick jonas has too!'. so caroline thinks brooks is all the cooler for it. i hope he is doing okay and that you're hanging in there. maybe we need to get one of these steelers games in together? or we could just wait 'til they make it to the super bowl. take care!

shae said...

Thanks for the invite Ang. I just love ya. Have a good weekend!

pcb said...

I can't tell you how many people I have talked to in this new year with computer problems, myself included (yes, I do talk to myself). Anyway, I empathize with you. I am sitting here on a new computer - minus all the stuff I need that are on the old one!

Mamma K. said...

Angie I love your blog! You are an excellent writer - you should write a book some day!

Carrie said...

Yes, you should write a book. But- will it have a parental advisory on it? :)

Karianne said...

My laptop has been on the blink, too. I haven't been on the net for about a week so you'll have to explain to me the title of your blog -- I don't get it. Keep writing, sister.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Ang...that was so much fun! I have to say I was a Zombie yesterday though!!!! I must be getting old.

After seeing Marley and Me I can't help but think you would be a great columnist!

I'm going to call you about borrowing the Glass Castle.Was it you that had it or Becky?


My verification word is "bartime"

Becky A said...

I wish I had a laptop, instead of this dinosaur that I am forced to work with...
I had fun at game night, too. I'll protest botox with you any day of the week.

deuces said...

Ang How is the new laptop. Is there any illegal software you would like me to put on it for you. I am a guy who can get things.

Angie said...

I've just been waiting for you to ask 22, thanks! I love your profile pic btw. I'll email you with my wish list.

Jeni said...

I can't stop laughing! Phew....those WERE loaded questions.
We need to play again soon.