
I got Tug during my fifth month of hygiene school. Steven was gone alot and everyone around me was having babies. I knew I couldn't have a human baby with my scattered school schedule, so I embarked on different baby. A handsome, hairy, and ever so precious little one whom I called Tug...Tuddy Buds...The Tuds...The Mommy's Boy.
Just as words cannot express how much Tug has meant to me over the last 13 years, words can also not describe the pain of losing him. Tug was far from perfect, but he was perfect for me. He never gave up on me. He lost alot of attention when Emma and Brooks arrived, but he stayed loyal and true. I don't know if I will ever be the person Tug thought I was or if anyone will love me as much as Tug did. Not saying that people don't love me, because I think my kids do (and probably Steven) but it didn't matter if Tug hadn't seen me for five minutes or five days, he let me know that I was his world with every greeting.
When I went to Key West last year, Tug went a little manic and started looking for me at the old house. He had wandered over to the yard at brown brick before, but while I was gone, he actually walked inside the old homestead in search of me. When the new homeowner tried to pick him up to bring him back, he bit her. Tug only bit a select few in his lifetime, mostly kids who took him past his limit, and it was usually only a warning nip at that. I always loved returning home to his loud welcome. I'm pretty sure that Emma and I were the only ones it didn't annoy ;)
Emma actually enjoyed some of the moments I was away because that's when Tug would go to her. Tug loved all of us, but he was especially cuddly with Emma. There were numerous times when Tug would be sleeping in Emma's lap and she would say, "Mom, when you walk by, don't look at or say anything to Tug okay?" We both knew that he would jump off or follow me if I gave him even the slightest glance
I think about Tug every time I walk in the door, every time the doorbell rings, every time I crawl in bed, every morning I wake up alone, when I work on the flowerbed...alone, when I walk down the hall alone, go to the bathroom alone, do anything...alone. I've lost my sidekick and I miss him something wretched. Mommy loves you forever Tug!!!
3 comments:
K. I'm out of the habit of checkin' this ol' blog!
Oh, the Tudds. I'll surely miss his incessant barking each time I ring your doorbell. He was one in a million, that Tug. Love the pic of him and EJ sleeping on the couch. Just precious, is what that is! I'm glad you have the Cootster to ease the pain a little. It'll never be the same (trust me, I know!) but at least now you have another little guy to love!
As I have said before, Tug was one lucky guy! What a great life he had. I'm so glad you have Coots, as there needs to be a dog livin' like a king in pink barbie house. It's just not right otherwise. I do agree that Tug must have had something to do with that. :)
What a sweet post. I admit I have many fond memories of dear old Tug. I remember feeling so honored that you would ask me to dog sit when you guys lived in the duplexes. I feel like we bonded then.
Post a Comment