Saturday, June 19, 2010

An Unwanted First

First day of my husband's life without one of his siblings and very best friend. He feels peace for T which I'm grateful for. He threw T's kids all over the couches and recliner last night, which I'm grateful for...for once. He looks lost and full of heartache. He is one of many who lost so much yesterday. Please keep those prayers a churning.

I LOVE YOU STEVEN, you carried your brother with such strength and love this week, sat by his side for countless hours. You are wonderful and your devotion is truly admiring. I'm proud to be your wife and mother of your children. I'm so sad to see you go through this. I LOVE YOU FOREVER BABES!!!

8 comments:

Patti said...

That was awesome, Angie! I'm so glad one type of pain is over....now I guess it's learning to deal with a new type of pain. But I'm so glad you and Steve have those 4 kids to see Travis in. They are so loved and will be so well taken care of with such an awesome extended family. Love you guys and I hope it doesn't take long to replace the pain of his death with the joy of his life.

Elder and Sister Birt said...

Angie, our prayers will continue for all of you for a long time to come. Steven is so blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive wife. You are all amazing & we have all learned so much from watching all of you dealing with so much. We love you & are thinking of you constantly. If there is anything at all I can do, please let me know...ANYTHING!
Love you,
Diane

Elder and Sister Birt said...

Steven, I am so sorry for your pain. I love you. You have been a most extraordinary brother to Travis his whole life. Nolan & I have been so blessed because of our lifetime friendship with your parents. We have seen the wonderful relationship you & Travis have had since you were little boys. You & T have been a wonderful example of Christlike love. The care and love you have shown Travis this last 2 1/2 yrs. has shown all of us what unconditional love is. You have been so blessed to have Travis as your brother and he has been very blessed to have you. Your mother I'm sure is so proud of you for the care you have given Travis since she couldn't be there for him. It's a happy thought to think of Travis & his mom spending his birhtday together. Our prayers will continue for you and all your family for a long time time to come. We love all of you.
Love,
Diane
PS...Cory left a nice tribute to Travis on his blog: todayirun.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

I don't think I've ever seen two grown men as close as T and Steven ;) I've always admired their relationship. Sending lots of prayers your way, too. Shoot- I'm firing off prayers like it's goin' out of style.
Love you guys.

P.S. That picture is seriously making me sob right now!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Karianne said...

I loved the picture. Two brothers with their lives ahead of them. Who knows why one was cut so short. We will find out when we are all together again. In the meantime I am sure Steven will be a wonderful example to T's kids and I see a lot more rough housing in the future.

Cherlyn said...

Those kids are so lucky. They have an amazing uncle that is helping to fill a part of the emptiness. You guys are awesome.

Lyndee said...

I'm with Carrie! Man, that picture is heartbreaking... So sad for all of you there is just nothing to say.

Nothing like a little rough housing going on to forget even for just a few seconds.

Aleesha said...

I love you both! Along with all my emotions I'm feeling right now, I feel admiration for Steven. He too is an amazing brother. You're one lucky girl Angie!!!