Friday, June 25, 2010

SLC to Heaven

Steve and I like to go places. We like big cities, because usually big cities have big ballparks. And If you go to a really big city, they have two! We've been to plenty of big ballparks during our 15 years, some together, some apart. Everytime we get on the plane to return home, we make a list of all the major league ballparks we've been to, then we talk about the ones we have left, and which one we'd like to see next. I think they probably have a big ballpark in Heaven and they picked up a superstar last week, so naturally, we want to go there...right? It's number one on our "Next" list now, but when I type in Heaven under destination city, it says there aren't any airports that match my criteria. Damn it! We don't want to stay, we just want a roundtrip like usual, but for once, it's not that easy. For the first time ever, I can't find a ticket that gets Steve there and back. And for the first time ever, we cry about not being able to see their new MVP. We miss you T...life's going on, but we think about you every minute.

Our hearts are heavy and we're going on, but it's not without T in our thoughts constantly. Brooks had his first Baseball Club last night, and it was nice because it kept Steve busy. Emma has a tournament today so that will help too, but in everything we do, we think of T. He never leaves our mind, love him so much.





6 comments:

Carrie said...

Man, I'd really like me one of those round trip tickets, too. If you ever come across 'em, put me down for 4 tickes, por favor.
And that baseball club looks pretty awesome. Too bad I'm not a six-year-old boy..I'd a really enjoyed a good game of 500!

Lyndee said...

I wish you could find a round trip ticket too.

Angie said...

They did play 500 until they started making up their own version. The rules changed with every throw.
If I happen across these tiks, I got your back Cap'n. Oh, if only...

Aleesha said...

That's going to be one crowded airplane! I have a feeling though we'll all end up just wanting a one way ticket. :) There's no way you could tear us apart from T again!

Luke had a great time at baseball club. I love to see him with those big old grins that don't wipe off for the rest of the night.

Stacie said...

We're so sad Pace missed the baseball club. I completely forgot. He's not very happy with me. It looks like they had fun!!!

Angie said...

Stace, we missed Pace and we'd love to keep him as a member of the club.

Leesh, so true. We likely wouldn't return. I'm going to email you pics of baseball club.