It's been two months now. There have been many moments in the last 61 days when Steven's laugh is real and his jokes are genuine. I have seen more than flickers of happiness return to his face. We went to Steve's 20 year reunion last weekend and it was nice to see him have a good time with old friends. I am grateful to these friends for checking on him subtlety and getting him out.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that every day isn't completely full of gloom and sadness. There is light at the end of that colossal tunnel, but it's not always easy to see, especially when you're crawling to it.
We love you, T, and we miss you. Can't wait for hugs like this again, even if they're cheesy peesy.
3 comments:
My heart aches for Steven. I feel like Chad does... I want so badly to help, but I don't know what to do. I don't want him to think I'm trying to replace T. I guess we all have a lot of mending to do still.
Now THAT is a bear hug right there! Those two together....something funny/crude/inappropriate was bound to happen. ;) Love seeing those two together...can't wait to see them together again!
Leesh, I know you're all grieving too and that's part of the pain as well...knowing that your siblings and Dad are hurting also. Everyone had their own special relationships with T and I think you all realize that nothing can replace those. We just have to spend time mending together. I wonder when you & I will see each other and not cry? Will that day ever arrive? I don't mind either way, just wondering...
Care, I miss, miss, miss, miss, miss the days of inappropriate conversation and behavior, but that goes without saying.
Post a Comment