Not necessarily meant to be answered, just throwing out questions I ask myself sometimes.
Why...
does Brooks walk into the room and turn on Spongebob, only to immediately stroll outside or down the stairs?
do wasps exist?
do I want a Whatchamacallit at 1am?
am I the only one in the household who puts new toilet paper rolls on the holder?
do I not like Black-eyed Peas music like 90% of Americans?
can't everyone check their noses and their children's noses before a teeth cleaning?
do I despise putting clean laundry away?
do my kids change outfits 18 times a day?
do mosquitoes love my blood?
can't some people just be happy for others who reach success, have great kids, do wonderful things, etc. without feeling jealousy or a need to compete?
can't Brooks' auto-immunity to the beta cells that make insulin just be reversed?
T? Why him?
does Coot bark more when Steven's around, the only one it bothers?
can't dogs live as long as horses?
is it hard for some people to admit they may have done wrong or caused hurt upon another? And is that really how they want to teach their children to be also?
does my husband see nothing wrong with transforming our garage into a batting cage when winter arrives?
can't I figure out how to make my blog header smaller? I feel like we're screaming HELLO READERS, WE'RE THE POLLS AND WE LOVE BALL!!!
do people, like myself, feel like they're intruding if they comment on an open blog? Every blogger knows we love positive comments from anybody and everybody.
am I starting to answer my whys?
do some heterosexuals care so much about gay marriage? Does it really destroy, damage, or physically hurt you as a human being or just your individual beliefs?
is it difficult to accept that others have different belief systems, especially beliefs that don't cause bodily harm to persons or animals?
am I singing, "What the World Needs Now is Love, Sweet Love...?"
can't washers and dryers live as long as horses too?
am I blogging instead of clearing out & organizing the last of our moving boxes when the space they're in looks like a county dump?
did an acquaintance ask the other day if I had seen So and So's big house?
does the size of someone's house matter more than the size of their heart, how their family's doing, or the type of person they are? Really???
don't I just go to bed before my why's get too impassioned?
Good night friends...or good day, depending on what time you read this :)
9 comments:
well, HAVE you seen so and so's big house? I agree with these why's, have no answers, but have at least one to add:
WHY didn't I know you were blogging so frequently again?...?..?
Wow, that's a lot of pondering for for 1:00 in the morning. And since we're on the subject of houses, here's that quote from The Secret Life of Bees I was telling you about...
"You know, some things don't matter that much, Lily. Like the color of a house. How big is that in the overall scheme of life? But lifting a person's heart- now, that matters. The whole problem with people is... they know what matters, but they don't choose it... The hardest thing on earth is choosing what matters." -August Boatwright
Lots of Whys???? Me too....but I have to add to Aleesha for what matters most and if we get these next things right then we all succeed.....the Right Thing....at the Right Time....at the Right Place...for the Right Reasons...CTR
Allow me to enlighten you, friend.
1. Because subconsciously, Brooksie knows that Spongebob is annoying as all get out too.
3. Why do I want a Slurpee at 1am? We'll never know the answer to this one, I'm afraid.
5. It's not your style. I'm not surprised in the least that the Peas don't float your boat. Not enough meaning in those lyrics for ya. That, and one can scarcely decipher those lyrics 80% of the time.
6. I've wondered this myself. How can a parent not see the quarter-sized boog inhabiting the nasal cavity of a child pre-cleaning? Cause I can see it before they're even horizontal in the chair.
12. Ugh. Sick feeling in my gut. Unfortunately we won't know the answer to this question for a long time.
17. I'm gonna have to say that the 'why' on this one shouldn't matter. You ARE Polls, and you DO love ball! And I, for one, love the header.
22. Because it's more fun. Who wants to clean instead of blog? Parts of my house look like the county dump, too, but you don't see me forgoing blog-stalking for cleaning.
My why's...
Why do some women look me up and down and say nothing? What? Do my shoes not match? Say something...
Why will the laundry, dishes, and bathroom cleaning never be complete at the Jackson's?
Why do I continue to eat brownies when I know they will show up on the scale?
Why are there not more big hearted, open minded people like you in the world?
Since it's Sunday...isn't there a scripture that talks about opposition in all things? Maybe that's part of the answer?
BTW I love the header too.
Well I certainly loved the answers. Carrie knows me too well...there's nothing like a good tune with clever lyrics. I loved hearing other why's as well. And btw, why doesn't Cher make me a plate of brownies every week???
Love ya Ang! I need to call you and get an update! Tell Brooks hi for me. I miss him!
P.S. Just read through the posts I'd missed out on the last couple of months. Hug Steve and Emma and Brooks and T's entire family for me... I'm so sorry Ang. How could any of us ever do this without the Gospel? I can't imagine... You're all in my prayers. Love love love!
Thanks Steph, love you too! Brooks has asked for you a few times, but we know you're busy back east. Tell Jesse we say "hi" and take care. {{Hugs}}
Post a Comment