Friday, August 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home



I must be getting older. I'm starting to look forward to sleep and delighting in the nights I get to stay home. I used to love being on the go. Having places to be made me feel important and fun. Lately, I'm happy when I look at the calendar and the day is completely blank. I secretly say a prayer to the schedule god that Steve won't want to go anywhere when he realizes we have nothing planned.

I'm not saying I don't want to be invited places or left out of things. I'm just thinking that a little simma down nah sounds relatively lovely. Maybe this is the slippery slope that leads to all social faux pas and destruction. One weekend of nothing eventful and the next thing you know, you're shopping at Wal-Mart in your pajamas.

Steve makes fun of the H-O-M-E deco I've placed on the mantle. We'll be sitting in the great room watching TV and he'll say, "Something tells me we don't just have a house...we have a home." Or out of the blue he'll ask a guest, "Are you getting an overwhelming feeling that you're at home?...We sure hope so." Thinks he's so funny, but I love being at home for so many reasons.

Hanging at home means that football has returned, and the recliner is mine every Sunday for the rest of the year! Home is where I know my kids are alright and blood sugar is stable for hours. Home stands for comfort and cuddling more with my Cootman. There really is no place like home...save The Lollipop Guild.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, how the Stever makes me chuckle. His witty observations are hilarious. So you want to stay home, and I want to get the 'H' out. You're starting to remind me of Jude. Except that she doesn't care if she's left out or not invited...she'd welcome that.
So let's raise a glass (a glass of Dew for me) to cozy nights in with Cootmandoo, the recliner, the Blue and Orange, and stabilized blood sugar for B.T.!!

Jeni said...

That Steven makes me laugh. I can just hear him. How does one get so witty?
Ang...I know just how you feel. But, some how, I don't think you will give up all your fun and crazy antics. You will never be boring and in bed by 11 pm like me! :)

Becky A said...

Funny funny Steven.
I know what you mean. When I have a blank day on the calendar, I have to stare at it several times a day just to help me enjoy it.
and...I've already reached the shopping at Wal-mart (only it's target for me) in my pajamas...is that bad? :)

Karianne said...

Maybe you like to be home because you put your heart and soul in to making it your very own. And if Grandma sees you are Walmart in your PJ's you may get the pointy finger and the "shame on you". :)

Sweet Rolls said...

I hear it's where the heart is. I think we should put a heart below the word.

Lyndee said...

Man, do I love Steven. He can make me laugh like no other! I know what you mean though, Sis! I am starting to feel like a teenage again. I like to spend a lot of time in my bedroom. lol

Angie said...

I think you should keep your rolls out of it sweet rolls.

And Kar, seriously LMAO "chame on you" with pointed index!!!