Exhibits B, C - Climbing playhouse, enormous tree, unsteady rocks or whatever else falls under the risky category
Exhibits D, E - Jumping on tramp with dangerous and possibly explosive items that have now been buried in the county landfill
I remember a kid came into the office one day and his legs were lined with bruises front and back. The assistant asked him what happened and he told her he didn't know, just playing outside and stuff. She wanted to call Family services because she thought it was a fabricated story to hide abuse. Now if I didn't know his mother AND if I didn't have Brooks, I would've encouraged the call, but instead I gave her the "are you serious?" followed by the "get a boy." Yep, instead of telling people to "get a life" now, I say get a boy, cuz that in and of itself is quite a life people.
You keep us young Brooks. He can find a different use for each playground apparatus besides the one it was made for. I try to look at it like, dang he's so creative.
He would eat these for every meal if we'd let him. I can hear you now, "well maybe he wouldn't be so wound up if they didn't give him all that sugar." Please do not pass judgement, we have tried most parental advisories known to Adam. We don't allow Brooks to watch Power Rangers because he mimics many things and the last thing we need is him walking around family parties kickboxing uncles and cousins. One day he came in to Steven & I and told us that power rangers had come on the tv and asked if we could change it because he liked it, but knew he wasn't supposed to watch it. Steve left to change it, then came back in the room and said, "Every once in a while Ang, he gives us a glimmer of hope." Brooks gives us lots of glimmers and I know sometimes he just can't help himself when chance and adventure are staring him in the face, but for any of you that haven't yet had a boy and are planning on more children, consider yourself notified. Oh, and we hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!
12 comments:
T-Buddy is my hero. He reminds me of someone I new about 30 years ago. When can I take him down to the river to do flips off the bridge? I love that kid and am proud to be his uncle.
Oh Brooksie, So this is what happens when you are trying to read Eclipse. Son of a gun. Aren't they fun?
He is so dang cute, Angie! Oh, I just love little boys!
Oh, Brooksie. He's so dang cute that all I can do is laugh. I AM taking your warning seriously, though. This is not to be taken lightly, I can see that.
Oh how cute & way too true about boys! They could be in a padded cell & still find a way to get a bruise or a scrape of some sort!
I happened to witness the event that caused the laceration. I took him straight to the restroom and cleaned up the evidence, realized that this could be potentially serious, and turned him over to dad, without suggesting a possible hospital visit, knowing you'd be all over it if you thought he needed it. Thank goodness for liquid bandage. Could have gone either way, I think. The problem with Brooks is that he doesn't cry enough to make you think it's serious. He's too tough!
HAHA WOW!!! Birth Control right there!
To T: the answer is NEVER on the bridge question. Your Dad said the other day that its amazing how Brooks looks just like Steven but does everything else like you. Steven was overinspired on the middle naming and I'm great with everything except that natural "no fear" motto he got from you also.
________________________
Sister: Yep, you know I was looking forward to that silent afternoon of reading too. I love Edward!
________________________
Mand: I didn't know you were the caring arms & snot-blood-wiper to Brooks. Thanks. I don't actually know what happened (steven didn't see.) I just hope it doesnt scar severely!
Hey, he is just living life to the fullest. Plus chicks dig the scars!
So true... I need to invest in some liquid bandage - Mckay is always reinventing the use of anything and everything.
He is such a cute boy....Have I already said that I love the name Brooks...?
Too Cute!!
Post a Comment