Steve was voted to coach the 5A all-star North team last weekend. He was voted in by all the other high school coaches which speaks words of it's own. For those not too baseball savvy, the hot corner is known as 3rd base, but as you can see, it's even hotter when my husband's the one coaching it!
The North won with an unbelievable comeback in the last innings. All coaching if you ask me.
Steven discussing plans to score with Dirk Barber. Dirk is a great kid who eats, drinks, and sleeps baseball. I hope I get to talk to his fiance (who he hasn't yet met) before they marry. I want her to understand what her future holds before she commits.
Below is a picture of the same two gents in action. When Dirk found out about "T", he bought livestrong bands for all the players and extras to sell. He gave the profits to T's family. He always wore his band and was wearing it this day as well. He covered it with tape so the umpires wouldn't make him take it off. Great baseball player but also a class act!
Below is a picture of the same two gents in action. When Dirk found out about "T", he bought livestrong bands for all the players and extras to sell. He gave the profits to T's family. He always wore his band and was wearing it this day as well. He covered it with tape so the umpires wouldn't make him take it off. Great baseball player but also a class act!
Steve, Dirk, Ricky, and Chad Smout who is the asst coach
Move over crackerjacks because Dippin' Dots are the new baseball snack. Gav and Coop came to the game with us. They are so fun to bring along because they love the game as much as we do, and they are really great kids to boot.
Steve's sophomore baseball picture. This is the Steven I first fell in love with, babyface and all. I met him when he was a junior. He was taller but his face was exactly the same. We went to different schools and met at work. Looking back now, it's no wonder I could never get him out of my mind.
Below is Steven's all-star baseball photo in 1990. The arrow points to him. He's so humble that he won't like me telling, but his batting average was an amazing .420. He was a hard worker and I think there's something to be said for that.
Next picture is Steve as the all-star coach 18 years later. You've come a long way Baby!
I know Steve will dearly miss coaching H.S. baseball, but lucky for my sluggers, they will continue to get the best:Then and Later pics of Steve at the plate. I love his swing. After he took the head coach job, he didn't have time to coach and play so he gave up Fastpitch and has only gone to tourneys here and there. Now that Emma and Brooks are older, and he announced his recent retirement as head skipper for an administrative intern job, I hope him and his brothers start playing again. I know Steven would like nothing better than to share the lineup with "T" and Chad for a few more years. The sooner "T" recovers, the better!


I showed him this picture and told him I was going to put the caption as "Just a man and his dog". He threatened to divorce me if I did. If I thought he could ever really leave me, I wouldn't have added it, but we all know he can't live without me either. He'll never admit that he loves Tug, but I know he does simply because I do, and that's only one in a thousand reasons why Steven is the love of my life.

12 comments:
Awesome post, Ang! And your man is hot! Steven, you're a great guy and I know you gave 110% to your CHS baseball team and all your students. Feel kinda bad that DJ will not have a chance to be your aide. Congrats on your new job and getting to the next step in accomplishing your goals and dreams.
Weird... but that post made me cry! I'm campaigning for the dusting off of the fastpitch unies...there's nothing I want more! Steven is lucky to have you Ang!
Congratulations, on the comeback win, Steven! We know how much time and effort you put into coaching. What a great thing to be selected by all the coaches to be the All-star coach.
Holy cow, what a baby face he had. He looks so young.
That was a fun post. Chris and I always talk about how great you & Steven are. Congrats on the new job -we are so excited for you guys
That Stever is quite a guy, quite a guy indeed. An awsome coach, player, and most importantly a great dad. Emma Jade and Brooksie are so lucky! Now he can spend all his time tutoring them in the ways of the great american pass-time. Oh- and I have to throw in that Steven is one of the funniest people I've ever met. Picturing him re-uniting with the Dyson and vacuuming well into the night is enough to make me pee my pants right here on the spot!
Oh- and congrats on the new job, Steven! I'm sure you'll get plenty of experience in all things administrative at good ol' NDJH. :)
Oh fun! and congrats to Steve! I hope Joe will be able to play again someday.
Angie...I had to say hi after I read your comments on other peoples blogs.
I haven't seen you in a long time but I will be seeing you REAL soon for some serious teeth work...once again!
I just wanted to also tell you how much our thoughts and prayers have been with your family the past few months. I feel like through blogging I have gotten to know Mandy and Travis and your family just a bit and what great examples you are to all of us.
I will be praying for Travis' recovery.
Keep on bloggin' girl. Hope you don't mind that I come to visit every once awhile.
Angie M. but I go bloggin' by Angie b.
Angie B., if you come back to this page... I tried to email you from your profile but it won't work, and you're probably smart to blog private. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts about our brave Travis'. We truly believe that's why they're with us today. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you in the office soon. Drop me an email so I can stop by your blog. I'm sure its darling.
That made me tear up over his dog! I'm such an animal lover! I think we all need a little pal!
I love your blog Ang! I love the way you write! You should be a writer!
Very nice, Angie! How about some Outlaws pictures? Those were some good times.
Oh Angie, that was so beautiful. It made me fall in love with steve! :) Really, this was a wonderful post dedicated to the one you love.
Post a Comment