Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Golden Medal

Move over Beckham, there's a new kid in shinguards. My only complaint was that Tuesday couldn't get here fast enough. Brooks' coach dropped off his jersey and schedule last Thursday. To say that Friday, Saturday, Sunday, & Monday was pure and drawn-out torture would be grossly understated. He repeated the countdown of days in 20 minute intervals every bloody, scathing day. Then he jumped out of bed yesterday morning, threw his arms up yelling and smiling, "It's my soccer game today!!!" Well okay, maybe the previous four days weren't so bad after all.
I had trouble taking a clear picture because he was bouncing with excitement the entire game. Reed once said that we'd all be better off if we enjoyed life as much as Brooks does. Brooksie asked me one morning, "Mom, will everyone be there going like this - Go Brooks, Go Brooks." They will now Sweet Boy.

Brooks and cousin Skyla strike a pose above during pre-game festivities (is he working on his Ronald McDonald grin?) I should mention that Brooks did score a goal too. At halftime below, the cousins completely devour orange wedges as proof that they were not fed dinner before opening kickoff.

We paid Karianne a little visit after the game and Brooks insisted on wearing his uniform so he could show it to her. As they were discussing different plays of the game, Kari said, "You didn't score a goal in your first game ever, did you?" Brooks said, "No I didn't. I scored a golden medal!"
That's right Poshie, I bet your little David didn't score a medal in his first game.

8 comments:

Lyndee said...

He is so cute such a natural athlete. Reed is right we should all enjoy life as Brooksie does. Congratulations, Brooksie on your first golden medal. May there be many more.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Hey Brooks I'm not suprised since you took your own training wheels off your OWN bike.
The boy is on FIRE! (okay maybe I've aready posted that same phrase on somebody's blog..sorry it's my fav saying at the moment...and well he is!)
SO cute!!!!!

Kim said...

What a cutie Ang!

Anonymous said...

I have every intention of digging up the picture of Gav & Emma at the same age in the same shorts. I'll find it sooner or later... It was a great golden medal, brooksie!

Carrie said...

The O-slices were always my fave at half-time as well. I remember getting ticked one game because the coach brought MINI snickers (that's right, I said MINI) for the game treat. Uh, at least splurge for the fun size, pal.
Glad Skyla & Brooksie are having fun. I gotta make it out there to one of those games!

Becky A said...

so cute! Go Brooks!

Jeni said...

Oh he is way too cute! And talented! Go Brooks Go!

amy said...

Go Brooks! Score lots of golden medals!