Thursday, October 23, 2008

Some people make the world special just by being in it

Last night Karianne pulled out some of Trav's favorite shirts and we reminisced about them. I picked up a couple and my natural instinct was to smell them, but Kari had washed them long before he left us. I put them to my heart anyway. I cried a little and then sobbed alone later. The shirts hit me. I just can't believe he's not coming back. Kari misses him so bad. We KNOW Trav's in a good place, but our hearts are in pieces and it feels like everything's been falling apart since he went. Here's a small glimpse of what we lost

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It never gets easier does it? I still can believe it. Wonderful slide show..

Lyndee said...

Your song is a killer!! Those are such great pictures. It sure sucks that everything as changed since he's been gone.

Carrie said...

I still think about Karianne every single day. I know there's nothing anyone can do...but I'm still praying for her and the kids.

Karianne said...

Ang, like I told you the next day after you came over, I know Trav was with us when you picked up that shirt and smelled it. The next morning I reached for the snooze and I smelled him. No soap, no cologne or after shave, just him. I almost wondered if the dogs sensed him because they wouldn't leave me alone. Of course, I told them to scram. He was with me.

Ashley said...

That is so sweet... and yes it does seem like everything is falling apart, even before he left.

Aleesha said...

That song is beautiful. Thanks for the slide show. I love to see pictures of him and his family.

Becky A said...

What a song! Thanks for sharing, Angie. Looking at those pictures made me sad!