Some quirky stuff about me:
1- I like to devour a tray of ice after I eat. Most people like something sweet after a meal, but I prefer the crunchy, cold blocks. To my patients who are also my friends: Do as I say, not as I do.
2- Speaking of meals, I don't like them. I rarely eat meals. I usually only like side items. Steak and potatoes, keck! I'll just take the salad, or the fries, or the spinach dip with tortilla chips. This drives my boss crazy. If he buys us lunch, he adds an entree onto the side item I've ordered, and then I bring it home to Steve. After 14 years of employment, you think he'd change, but no.
3- I don't like to talk during Denver games. The kids can't ask me any questions, I don't answer the phone, and unless you need the heimlech, don't bother me. (Ang B.- I'd be happy to teach you about football, just not whilst the Broncos are playing girl)
4- I despise Steven's body pillow, who he calls Lola. I wake up with 5 inches of space on my side of the bed and freakin Lola has her own spot in the middle of the bed. He shoves her off mid-sleep and there she lays, all roomy and cozy. Steve will tell you that Tug also has maximum space in our bed at nights, which I cannot deny, but at least he keeps me warm and has a pulse. I dream of torching Lola many a day.
5- I like to put personal pictures with every post and it's bugging me that this one doesn't have one.
6- A friend once said that when I like something, I really sink my claws in. Also true. It could be a band, a book, a musical, a blue and orange football team, etc. When I get attached, I really get attached. I'm currently going through Matchbox concert withdrawal. Their tour is over and I get shaky thinking I might never see them together again.
7- I was born with an obcession to match colors, clothes, frames, decorations, basically everything. My sister Val always makes it a point to bring it up whenever two things aren't the EXACT same color. Brooks wanted a green room that didn't match his precious spiderman comforter so I've spent toilsome hours trying to tie it all in. We ended up compromising with two blue walls and two green walls. I also used to dislike character stuff, but I've come to realize that my kids' likes are more important than what's trendy or fashionable.
8- Jen hates the word socks, lol. I hate the word fiance. There's got to be some English word out there we can make up for one that is betrothed. Fiance just sounds like I should waltz or something every time I say it. Also too frenchy, yick.
9- I have specific requirements for a purse purchase. The cell phone pocket has to be on the side & outside the purse, there has to be an inside pocket for sunglasses, a separate area with individual slots for cards, license, & pens, and there can only be one adjustable long strap. I can't stand a purse with two handles- one for the shoulder and one that constantly comes off which requires placement back onto the shoulder. The long strap is so that every time I lean over, I don't have to give it a forceful elbow to keep from knocking me out. I wish I were the type of gal who could live without it, but I need the sanitizer, lip balm, wipes, tidestick, sunscreen, headache meds, & floss handy at all times.
10- I have trouble keeping things short. I talk alot, write alot, eat alot, ebay alot...wait, I don't exercise alot. Uh-huh, there ya go, I can show constraint on some things.
-I tag all my blogger friends & fam who hanker for a post that yields wee energy and little time. It usually gives me a good chuckle to learn about your hidden obscurities.
14 comments:
Long live LOLA!!! she has been very good to me and I refuse to sit by and listen to you bad mouth her. It's amazing how your jealousy of the only woman that loves me for who I am is coming out for the world to see. How embarrasing. And how convenient that you forgot to mention that it was YOU that introduced the two of us.
Steven Marlow Poll
That set-up is a deep regret I don't care to talk about.
You see what I mean people?
So that's why you didn't want us to name our baby girl Lola.
Eat ICE????? OH my teeth are hurting just thinking about it but then again this comes from the girl that has to come in for some serious work on her teeth every year! I seriously can't listen to the chomping of ice.....how quirky is that? It makes me cringe!
I should have taken you with me a couple of weeks ago to pick out my purse. I have never really carried one consistently and I finally got one but couldn't decide what to get and what I needed! Seeing all the stuff you carry in your purse makes me realize I could use some of those items in mine too and maybe a little more room!
Steven, we are kindred spirits!! I, too, own a body pillow purchased for me by my loving husband when I was pregnant with Peyters. He scoffingly calls it my "boyfriend" and is constantly cursing him. Telling me that I snuggle up to my boyfriend too much. Well, that "boyfriend" eases the constant back-ache I have. I have to remind him that he was the one who brought him home from the store that fateful Mother's Day of 2006, and it really was love at first snuggle.
Oh, and Ang- was I the friend that told you that when you like something you REALLY like something? I know I've said that to you more than once. But- you're a passionate gal, and without passion, what are we left with, really?
Oh- and how can I not comment on the obsession with the quest to find the perfect purse??? We've had many discussions about the purse issue. I know you never approved of my purse selections back in the day when I went through one purse a month... (before marriage and child)you just supported me in my assanine purchases. I do, however consider myself a recovered addict now.
I, too have to deal with a ginormous body pillow in my bed. Funny thing, though. Its me, a velvety-brown huge' ol thing we'll call Cocoa, a huge WEDGE pillow, and usually one of the children at some point in the night in our bed, and T is nowhere to be found. Okay, he can be found. Usually in the recliner. With the TV on ALL NIGHT. He apparently doesn't care for these various pillows, they are merely space fillers.
That was a funny post!
OK Angie, I know you have seen my file at your office that takes a forklift to carry...let me just say to you that's the result of many years of chewing ice!! Had that BAD habit in my younger years & am now paying for it...not fun now! DON'T DO IT!
ps...I'll be in to see you & the good doctor at the office soon again.
How did I never hear about Lola? LMAO. I was gonna give you some crap about not updating YOUR blog, too. Great Post, I don't think its tacky at all to swipe these. On LJ we call them Meme's cause there all about meme. hehe
Yes Care, I was referring to you when I said if I like something, I really get attached. You know me too well.
Diane, Matt has already replaced 2 crowns on me, I know the ice is detrimental but it's like crack for me. Thanks for the YUMMY donuts!! I love donut day.
3rd Sister, that was definitely a meme post. I can't believe in the 20 times a day that I call you, I've never complained about Lola. She's a thorn in my side.
Angie isn't kidding about not interrupting during a Broncos game. I called last night and asked for her, wondering if I could get her away from the t.v. It was a no go. Steven said like a good boy, "she doesn't answer phone calls during a bronco game". I was impressed he didn't even ask her if she wanted to take the call. Boy I have an obedient brother. Travis
p.s.
As always you crack me up. I totally agree with you on the word "fiance". I'm sure glad Kent and I had a short engagement, because I felt stupid everytime I had to introduce him as my "fiance".
Oh I am laughing so hard....
I forgot to mention that one of my quirks is that ice chomping drives me crazy :)
And we have a body pillow too...named Buddy.
Maybe we should get Lola, Buddy, & Cocoa together sometime.
PS: If we were ever to have another girl...we wanted to name her Lola.
Oh I'm still laughing...I made Jason come and read along...
Post a Comment