Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fantastic Blue Riding Hood??

It was bad enough when Brooks told me he wanted to use our old Fantastic 4 dress-up jumper as this year's costume. I asked him if he would at least let me put some blue in his hair. Please kid, give me somethin!!! He says no, no hair color, no face paint, nothing. Good crap, who's Halloween is this anyway? So I'm about to take him to his preschool party and he comes out with this gingham do-rag on. I fake smile and use my phony sweet voice when I ask him, "Why the scarf bud?" He looks at me like I'm stupid and replies, "It's not a scarf mom. It's my mask!"
"Uh-huh soooooo...you're going to keep it on?" I say.
Brooks rolls his eyes and pipes, "Well I'm not going without my mask mommy."

Okey, smokey, I give up. I've never seen a Fantastic 4 comic or movie, nor has Brooks, but I can tell you this much- Heroes don't hang in da kitchen with Aunt Jemima, and you ain't gonna fool the wolf trying to save Granny with that headpiece either.

At least I have the blog to refer to when he's 16 and asks me why he's wearing the asinine kerchief. Happy Halloween everybody!

9 comments:

Angie said...

I love the costume. Your little guy sure is creative. He has the cutest little face. He looks just like his daddy. I always laugh so hard when I read your blog, you write really well. Love ya Ang.

Lyndee said...

Well, How the heck is he supposed to get his super powers then, sister? He obviously has it all worked out. So don't you worry your pretty little head on how they get there!!

He is so dang cute!! It is so crazy how creative they can be.

Carrie said...

Well, he's inventive, I'll give him that. And the fact that he went with the gingham proves he's secure in his man-hood. That's a good sign. I'm sure you'll never foget Halloween '08 and the do-rag.

Anonymous said...

He looks a bit like the gerber baby, what with that waft of hair and all. The Fantastic Gerber 4 baby. He's a happy spirit, that boy is.

Becky A said...

you are too funny, girl! and way to let him be his own original self! I think he looks awesome!

Jeni said...

Best laugh of the day!
And you are the awesome mom for letting him do it-and you even used a phony sweet voice-I am so impressed!...I so need to get one of those phony sweet voices.

Ellie McFreaken said...

I laughed so hard Ang! I don't know what is funnier him or YOU describing it! Love it!
P.S. My mom always uses the word asinine and I find myself using it too! I've never heard anyone else use it!!!!!

Aleesha said...

So that's what the scarf is. Luke came home from your house wearing an orange one and I had no clue what it was. Luke didn't even know so he could explain it to me. He mumbled something about superheros and that's all I could get out of him.

Jodi said...

Way too funny!!! Oh my gosh!! The do-rag is the best!!! What a great mom for letting him be creative and do his thing!!!