I heard about the eating contest and I wasn't sure this "crew" had it in 'em. Turns out E.J. with her cousins Alivia and Rachel along with good friends Carson, Connor, & Cade had it ALL in them. They beat about 7 teams for the Anything Goes championship on Saturday.The strategizing beforehand pays off

They start with the eating contest. Here's E.J. drinking sludge of juice, soggy animal crackers, and who knows what else. Feeling a little guilty now for screaming, "JUST SWALLOW IT, DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!!"
Here's Carson trying to gag down the green olives. Shae, his mom & my friend, gives him the advice to plug his nose which he does and ends up keeping them down. Good job Cars!
Twin brother Conner shoves in the jumbo marshmellows

Cade picks up the caboose and eats oreos smashed with gummy worms. The other team couldn't swallow the green olives and had trouble with the spinach so Fort Crew won this one by a long shot!

Then they had to each kick a soccer ball down to the canoe where they sat together and rowed while singing "Row Row Row Your Boat." I love the looks on their faces. They were having a blast!

Then came the search for fake snakes with their feet in mucky, yucky water. I didn't want to know what was else in there.
Next up was the rope swing. This is the amazing Cade who went to the top at mach speed. Carson, Conner, and Rachel also made it to the top. I was proud of Emma & Liv for making it halfway cuz that's more than I could do.
Ok, so sadly I phased into one of those annoying competitive parents. I never thought I'd get like this but they were winning everything and loving it!
Emma performing her trademark hard throw with paintballs at the Rhino target. She may not be able to climb all the way to the rope-top but the girl can throw!Last was the golf toss with a wedge club. This was much harder than it looks but the Fort Crew passed in record time.
Talk about exciting!! There were two other teams that rival each other and win every year but Emma's team didn't know about that until after. I don't think it would've mattered. These kids were determined. They won $10 each and were proud to show their winnings. Photo is minus Rachel, she must've run off spending immediately like a girl after my own heart.
Pool party after at Carson & Conner's grandpa's. Their name came from their fort building activities they've been working on in our backyard for some time now. I'll have to post those pics later.
Brooks took 2nd place in the Kid-k one mile run last week too. I filmed that one on video so no photo available but a boat shot will do.
Dont even ask. This is Jeff, or is it Fabio? Nevertheless, it's not Steven for once.
Brooks & Bobo are rather glad the siblings teamed up so they can enjoy the celebration party too.
Yes, you guys are #1. Seeing their reaction when winners were announced was absolutely priceless. It makes all these crazy city days worth it!
And because life is just good, plain and simple
10 comments:
I loved that you said you "phased" into one of those crazed parents. Someone's been readin' a bit too much Twilight, haven't they??
Looks like Emma and crew had a blast! I can't wait till Peyts can do stuff like that.
I feel for Emma. I had to drink the nasty combination as well for the adult anything goes. That is awesome that they won!!!
Congrats to Fort Crew!!
Please tell me you finished the book . . . let's talk!
I didn't know they won! way to go! Phoebe had to drink the yucky drink, too. ewwww!
Ang....loved the pics! I Good job Emma! I think the anything goes is one of the funnest events for SW days. I really missed it this year.
Hey....Do you still want some coupons? Let me know I'll run them over!
Hmm. love it that ELlie now knows how to change things....like my name!
angie b.
Captain, I wondered if anyone would catch on to the "phased". You get a treat. I miss the twilight days.
Ang B, I commented on your blog and forgot to answer about the coupons. I was too busy telling you how much I missed you. Anyways, I would love the coupons and I'll still return for ya if you want me to. Emma & I are going next week. I'll bop over tomorrow while Emma's at Pepper's.
hey ang. i have no idea what this thing was but it looks like a lot of fun and i'm glad emma's team won. anyway. i finally finished the r.s. lesson that was hanging over my head so that i could start reading THE book. i'm mid-book, just got expanded cable/dvr/high-speed-internet...so i'm a wee bit busy. so far i'm appalled (we'll have to talk). ciao.
Fabio cracks me up... he is quite the poser... on trek the kids didn't know to call him Pa or Ma due to his expressive nature in choice of hats and bandanna's :) He definately keeps life fun.
Way to go Fort Crew!!!
That is so awesome they won! Hey...I had to drink that drink too! How neat that they had a celebration party!
Post a Comment