10:00pm -Emma leaves bed to inform me that she's too excited to sleep
Midnight - Emma repeats her trek from bed to living room with additional insomnia info. I'm trying very hard to remain patient as I coerce her back to bad.
1:30am - Are you serious, Emma makes way downstairs to further describe anxiousness as I sit at computer. All patience has been forfeited now (11pm to morning is my time unless a fever or vomiting takes place) and I threaten her build-a-bear's life if she approaches me before sunrise again.
2:30am (yes I'll admit to my own sleeping problem but I've got more than pencils & lunch partners to worry about) - I enter my sleeping quarters and find the said Emma crashed in my spot next to her father. The TV is blaring Disney Channel and her head is boulder weight on my very favorite can't-sleep-without pillow! I cuss a little in my head and begrudgingly plod to her bed.
6:40am, First day of school - I hear bowls clinking in the kitchen, look at the clock, repeat same cuss words in my head, and roll out of bed to find the 4th grader dressed with hair done. She is eating her bowl of Cheerios.
School begins at 9am people.
8:35am - Snap traditional picture
8:45am - Final members of the walking bunch arrive and they're off. I yell "I Love You Sweetheart" because I really do. She says she loves me too so apparently she's not embarrassed by that, yet.
12 comments:
LOL, I tell you this is a girl after my own heart. Did she come home with the headband still in? Carsy won't keep anything in. As you well know. Every time I hear about the Mary Poppins kick I crack up. lmao
Yes... I can hear you singing, "Just a spoonfull of Benadryl helps the 4th grader go down..." you could give ol' Mary Poppins a whole new meaning. That really takes me back. I remember the not being able to sleep the night before, and thinking my mom robbed us by making us go to bed when it was still light outside.
Glad Emma had a glorious first day. Is it me, or does it seem impossible that she's in 4th grade already???
that is a stinkin' cute post! hooray for 4th grade!
I'm really laughing! How cute is that? It looks like she was correct to wear stripes the first day. Apparently they're IN! She's SOOO cute. And a sweet girl, too.
Rockin Awesome post! You should publish that!
OH I needed a good laugh! Emma is darling!
hahaha that is hilarious!! That sounds like Krystle when she was little.
Well at least she is excited to go to school, it could be worse.
Too funny... here's hoping it wasn't a repeat night with Brooks and his 1st day of preschool. I'm glad preschool is starting up again, the drop off and pick up is the only time I ever see you.
LOL girl! You are too funny! I think it's so cute that she was so anxious about school starting.
Did you guys plan all the stripes?
yuck. just reading that made me tired. thanks for game night. keep it real.
Ang...how are you? I've been thinking of you lots!
Post a Comment