___________________________________________________
The night before Leesh and I went to the local Ma & Pa bookstore and waited for the book release of Breaking Dawn. We pre-paid for our copies and picked them up at midnight. I stayed up until 4am reading. I probably look like I just saw a vampire in this pic because I had my tattooed eyeliner touched up the day before.
We planned on dressing up for the little pre-release party so we could win some prizes but our dresses don't quite fit as good as they did 10 years ago. We got the point with the veil only though :)

I know people get sick of me bragging about my husband and children but they drove around town and bought me all my favorite snacks for my all-night readathon. The ice from sonic was the best but I also loved the burnt almond fudge, chilis queso & salsa, oreos and sixlets. The book is getting mixed reviews but I give it a thumbs up. Probably because Steve is so thoughtful and I would be lost without kids. It's so sad that alot of people think it's blaphsemy to want a happy marriage and a family.
My Mom planned a frontrunner to gateway day also. It was a fun time once I got some food in me. Sorry to my family for getting a scosh ornery before that. I didn't realize I was that hungry until I devoured the food like I hadn't eaten in days. The snacks above came later that night (I'm writing the days backwards here). Here's the cousins on the train:
We ate at Baxter's American thanks to Jeni for the recommendation from her brother. The food was tasty and Emma liked her foot long corndog.
My nephew Cannon looks like Wimpy from Popeye with his mini hamburgers. I didn't think of Wimpy until my sister mentioned it, lol.

The water shooters are always a favorite for my kids
Thanks Mom for buying lunch and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory after! All was delicious and fun. I promise to eat breakfast next time we go :o
You are a fabulous Granna and I don't know how I'd survive my motherly adventures if I didn't have you to help babysit all the time, sew costumes and other necessities, play pick-up & delivery for me on a moment's notice, and most importantly- making sure you're at every special event your grandkids take part in. They always count on you to be there for them and you never let them down. This middle child loves and appreciate all you do for us!
_______________________________________________
4 comments:
That was a busy week. EJ sure looks cute in her poodle skirt. I love the pics from the bookstore. Those snacks look yummy!! That was very sweet of them to get all your favs.
Emma looks adorable in that poodle skirt! She did great in the race, too! My kids have passes to the waterslide, too, I feel the same as you, though, I can't just pick up and go every day, it takes some planning. I still have your 3-d glasses, do you need them back? thanks for letting us use them, although personally I couldn't figure out whether it was better to watch with or without them. Either way it gave me a headache! Maybe it's because I hadn't had much sleep the night before...
Emma looked awesome in her skirt! I AMAZES me what people can sew!
How nice of Steve to buy you all those treats! I must say we bond with the sixlets...I pour the whole bag in my mouth..love those things!
I'll have to tell my brother Tom that you enjoyed Baxters. We'll have to try it sometime.
Hey Ang, It's Tiffany It was so nice to meet you the other night at the movie.Girl you sure can dance. I love the pictures of you and Stev I miss the big hair I wish it would come back.hee hee
Your kids are adorable.
What a fun blog...
p.s. Yes I am a fan I love their music. Sorry you caught me off gard the other night until you said blog I had know idea what you were talking about. I thought maybe you were talking to the wrong person... (lol)
Post a Comment