Friday, August 29, 2008

Trav Update

Thanks to you all who have been praying for my aunt & uncle. I'm sorry I've kept you in the dark but there's really no good way to write about his prognosis. Trav remains in the hospital today because he cannot breathe completely on his own. The additional news about the spreading cancer has been devastating. I never wanted to write this post and most of all, I never wanted to give up hope. Travis is one of the most dedicated dads I've ever met. He is also the best husband and friend to my aunt Karianne. I know about trials and faith and all that important stuff, and it wouldn't be right happening to anybody, but I'm still mad that it's happening to them. They have a happy family and were content with the simple life. To think of Karianne's future without her Trav is quite literally, unbearable, which is why I haven't been blogging. You all have no idea how much we appreciate your thoughts and concerns for them and for our family. I wish with all my heart that I could tell you he has alot of time. I wish I had some miracle dust. I wish there were a cure for cancer. I wish, I wish, Oh how I wish...

6 comments:

Lyndee said...

I wish too, Ang. I wish too.

Carrie said...

I can't stop thinking about them and wishing things were different for them. We are still praying for Karianne and Travis and their kids, that somehow they will be able to feel some kind of peace.
That probably isn't possible at this point, but I'm praying anyway.

Becky A said...

I'm so sorry, Angie. I'm praying for them, still.

Anonymous said...

T and I were talking the other night after you left about how admirable it is that you have put yourself in the middle of the situation, doing everything you know to possibly do for Karianne. You are an angel to her, I'm sure.

Angie said...

Thanks you guys. I also hope they can somehow find peace through all this. It's just so heartbreaking. If only I had gone into respiratory therapy instead of hygiene, maybe I could've been that angel so Trav could at least come home like he wishes. I really haven't done anything besides be her sounding board and look into some medical stuff for her. I'm just grateful we have such a supportive family that helps her also. Thanks to Diane B. for the sweet comment on her blog. I know at times she does feel everyone's prayers and she is always appreciative of them.

Ellie McFreaken said...

I am wishing too and Praying Angie..can't stop thinking about them!