I wanted to post all that my loyal sister, Lyndee, means to me on her birthday this year, but my mind was focusing on other stressful things so I've decided to play catch up with a copy & paste of a comment I made on her memory blog:My first memories of you were realizing that you were mom's favorite, but I am not envious given that you're my sister and I totally understand because you were always trying to please everybody. You don't like to see people in distress and will make good or create peace at any cost. Another vivid memory is you asking what time it is. A trait now passed onto our sweet Justice. The day you learned to tell time was nothing less than glorius. Had we realized that you just wanted to be 30 mins early at the age of 3, we would've been more patient. Since there's no way I could write about every memorable moment, I will list them and they may only mean things to you and I:Making potato chips when we were home alone, coloring on your John Schneider face, your love for Culture Club and New Kids. The ankle knock(sorry!), wanting to kill Cari Lesbian for you, you sticking your tongue in your cheek when you fibbed, your loyalty to your friends and me, you working at video express, trip to D-Land with Linda(ugh), trips to Hawaii, buying me Blimpie cuz you realized I hadn't eaten in 2 days, making me flowers cuz the same boy was a jerk, sticking up for me to mom, you being a way better babysitter than me, you floating in the water trying to waterski for HOURS. You writing Steven on his mission cuz he was going thru a letter shortage, Mile High trips, Broncos games w/emphasis on superbowl wins, being mad you were in Minnesota for 1st superbowl win, 50's grill in minnesota, phase 10, leaving you in minnesota(sniff, sniff), missing you when you lived in minnesota, wanting to move to minnesota. Rick Springfield, New Kids, Def Leppard, Rascal Flatts and Matchbox concerts. Wicked, Invesco, protesting the circus and you being strong enough to go again so I followed, supporting anticruelty to animals, giving money to whoevers in need, leaving a new rice cooker in my car for no reason, making me dvds, working at Allstate for Hawaii money, yellow pinto, hand & foot, rummy, watching Apollo skate in person, pumping in car, buying twinner clothes on purpose even though we're in our 30's, jeff saying weird when it was me on the caller id, getting your advice on pretty much any decision I've ever made, being understanding when I turned mormon, calling you for every little thing I think about, tending my kids, Tug loving you even when he only saw you once a year, did I say hating you being in Minnesota? Book club, Joe Biden and voting for whoever you're voting for because I trust your opinion, you falling alot, Socrates driving us crazy, laughing always. This list would never end if I let it but I will semi-copy Edward in saying, "It's like trying to talk about one tree when there is a very large forest." You are all that a sister should be and I love you more than any list could convey or words can be read. Thank you for fighting for your life when you entered this world at a mere 2lbs 13oz, because I would be lost without you Lyn.
2 comments:
Thanks, Ang. I love that we can talk about anything. I don't know what I would do without you.
That is a great post. I think it's so cute that Lyndee is laughing even in that picture. I always picture her cute smile when I think of her. And you, Ang, in that picture look much like Brooks to me! Weird! Aren't sisters the best?
Post a Comment