Monday, November 24, 2008

Marlow Vernon Poll
Sept. 30, 1917 ~ Nov. 24, 2008

Grandpa Mike always made me feel like one of his very own. I will miss him saying, "You come back again sis."
Even though its been a little while since he's been able to pillow fight, Emma will never forget all the battles they had together. He took many a nitroglycerin when the pillow wars were over.
Four generations of good men- Sweet Grandpa holding my Sweet Boy-
We'll desperately miss Grandpa asking Emma & Brooks if he can have Tug. He was providing laughs to the very end.
Grandpa, give Lana & Kent a hug from us. Hopefully you'll also get to meet Trav, you will like each other. We love you and we will miss your repeated stories. I will personally miss being minus one strong democrat in the family. God be with you until we meet again...

8 comments:

Becky A said...

great pictures, angie. another good old south weber familiar face.
Love the 4 generation picture!

Diana said...

He will be missed - I loved how he and Grandma Poll always made Kent feel like one of their own. When is his funeral?

Diane B said...

Sorry to hear about losing such a good man as Marlow. He will be missed. So many of the "good old folks" of South Weber are leaving us. I remember the first time I met Marlow when Reed & Nolan took Lana & I to the old rock house. Cory has many "fond" memories of milking cows for Marlow during his high school years. When my kids were small, I walked them many times in the stroller down to the barn to see Marlow's calves. Great memories of wonderful people. May you all feel comfort & peace.

Lyndee said...

I am thinking of you guys, Ang. What a great tribute to him.

Anonymous said...

Grandpa's are so wonderful! There is not a day that I don't miss mine.

Lisa said...

our sympathies to the polls. i can vouch for 3 of that 4-generational picture and it is true, good men. i can only assume that grandpa was as good by how those 3 turned out.

Jen said...

Lots of love and prayers to you and your family during this hard time!

Jeni said...

Such a beautiful post ang. What wonderful, fun, memories.